A raiz de conversaciones en este foro, encontré esta información sumamente importante para todo aquel que quiera legalizar sus documentos para usarlos en Canadá.
Juan Carlos García
General Notarial Requirements:
As a general rule, documents issued in Canada to be used in Venezuela must be legalized by:
– The Venezuelan Consulate in Toronto or Montreal
Also as a general rule, documents issued in Venezuela to be used in Canada must be legalized by:
– the Venezuelan Ministry of Interior and Justice (for birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates); and/or
– the Venezuelan Ministry of Education (for high school and University diplomas and degrees)
And then by:
– the Venezuelan Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and
– the Consular Section of the Canadian Embassy in Caracas
The Embassy does not advise on whether or not a certain document should be legalized. This information should be obtained from the institution where the document is to be presented.
Notarial Services Provided by the Embassy:
1. Authentication of Signatures:
The Embassy authenticates the signatures of officers of the Venezuelan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2. Attestation of Signatures/Affidavits:
You may need to have your signature certified by a Consular Officer on a document to be presented in Canada.
3. Certification of Photocopies:
The Embassy certifies copies of original Venezuelan documents. Both the original and thephotocopy have to be presented at the Embassy.